Higher education in the UK and UCAS points


Many international students want to study at a UK university. However, any prospective student must first demonstrate they have the level of English required for the particular course and institution they apply to.

One-third of courses in the UCAS system use the Tariff entry requirement with an offer expressed as a number of points instead of certain grades. Cambridge English exams can be used to gain UCAS Tariff points. By achieving certain grades in C1 Advanced and C2 Proficiency students can gain UCAS Tariff points and improve their chances of being accepted by the UK university of their choice.  

Cambridge English exams are international proof of academic and professional English. To find out more read our article on LearnEnglishIn – Higher education in the UK and UCAS points.


Education Alive

Digital Trends for the
international education industry

Keep in touch